Portland Python & PyLadies PDX Present Monthly Presentation Night
Happy new year, we've moved to New Relic!
Come join us for Pythonic Talks
All levels are welcome! Talk levels vary from beginner to advanced.
Pip install this: 0 to PyPI in 60 minutes by Tucker Beck
This talk will cover:
- What's needed for a basic python package
- Writing a basic setup.py
- Adding a test suite a-la pytest
- Using flake8 to check code style
- Creating some documentation via sphinx
- Getting travis-ci integration working with your github repo
- Hosting and automaticly building documentation on readthedocs.org
- Publishing to pypi via travis when tags are pushed
There should be time for lightning talks after the presentation. If you have something you want to share, come prepared to give a 5 minute talk. If you've never given a talk before, don't worry we have a guide
Thank you, comScore for providing pizza!
RSVP at Meetup
Join us on our python.org mailing list and in #pdxpython on Freenode. All are welcome!