Portland Linux/Unix Group: The Perl Renaissance
On the lower level, follow the signs.
The Portland Perl Mongers and Portland Linux/Unix Group are pleased to welcome world-renowned Perl trainer and developer Paul Fenwick
The Perl Renaissance is in full swing. Object frameworks and syntax have been undated, web frameworks are easy and powerful, and modules are easy to manage and install. We will cover:
- Overhauling Perl’s Object Oriented framework with Moose.
- Using MooseX::Method::Signatures for beautiful classes.
- Building web applications using Dancer
- Not worrying about web servers by using Plack.
- Critiquing your code with Perl::Critic
- Write amazing regexps with named captures.
- Install new modules quickly and easily with cpanminus
- Manage Perl installations easily with perlbrew
- A whole swag of new features with perl 5.10–5.16
- Much, much more!
Adventuretarian. Enjoys Perl, social hacking, mycology, scuba diving, coffee, cycling, FOSS, meeting new people, and talking like a pirate. World famous in NZ.
As usual, the meeting will be followed by social hour at the Lucky Lab Brew Pub NW at 1945 NW Quimby