TiE Oregon Patents – Myths, Reality and Why should you care?
Ater Wynne Suite Offices Suite 900
Patents have always been an important technology asset, yet it is not well understood by most inventors. Patent rights are fast becoming a proxy for the economics of innovation as witnessed recently in the Mobile sector with transaction size exceeding several Billion dollars. This TiE Oregon event is for inventors and entrepreneurs in start-ups, mid-size, and large companies alike. Panel of experts from inventors to patent attorneys will discuss this increasingly important asset that no company can afford not to invest in.
• What rights do patents give you? What rights they don'tt!
• Common myths about patents.
• What are Claims? And why are they important?
• What is a troll or non-practicing entity?
• What changes should one expect from March 16 2013 when the America Invents Act goes into effect?
• Examples of good and bad patents.
• How important is the collaboration between inventor and patent attorney?
Moderator: Siva Narendra TiE Oregon Charter Member, Co-Founder Tyfone, Inventor Dana LeMoine J.D. Lemoine Patent Services Design Engineer, Patent Attorney Everardo Ruiz Ph.D. Intellectual Ventures Patent Licensing, Patent Acquisition specialist and Investor Rick Boyd J.D. Associate, Ater Wynne, Engineer & IP Strategist, Inventor, Patent Agent/Attorney
Attend this event to learn more about patents, network with fellow entrepreneurs and enjoy this summer event and the Portland skyline from the high-rise offices of Ater Wynne. Seating is limited for this event. Register soon to save your spot.
Early Bird Pricing (Valid until July 5th)
Members: $15 Non-Members: $25
After July 5th
Members: $20 Non-Members: $30