(At the corner of NW 16th & Thurman)
Future events happening here
- - No events -
Past events that happened here
WednesdayNov 18 2009HTML for Bloggers Workshop
HTML for Bloggers is an introductory class that teaches you the basics of HyperText Markup Language. You will get a clearer understanding of how the web works, how your blog works, the role HTML plays in all that, and you will be able to immediately apply your new skills on your blog, Craigslist, eBay, etc.
We will cover the following:
- Create links and understand them thoroughly
- Add and manipulate images and audio
- Format text
- Get a clear “big picture” of HTML
- Understand paths and attributes
- Know about how plug-ins work
- Get your questions answered
$58 dollars Register now: http://htmlforbloggers.eventbrite.com/
TuesdayJan 27 2009Website Fundamentals Overview
This 3 hour website overview is for people who want a website but don't know where to start. Get useful advice and tips before you begin the process. No computer is needed for this course.
We will discuss the following:
- How (and where) to register a domain name
- Hosting terms explained
- Web development tools
- What to look for in a web designer
- Twitter, FaceBook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Vimeo, and social networking
- CMS options: Blogger, Wordpress, Expression Engine
- Statistics and website tracking
- Search Engine Optimization
- Maintaining a website
- To blog or not to blog
- Question & Answer
ThursdayAug 14 2008DIY (DO It Yourself) Stories Open Storytelling Night
DIY (Do It Yourself) Stories! Storytelling for the people, by the people. http://www.DIYstories.com
Join us to hear stories and tell your own...
Thursday, August 14, 2008 Doors open at 7:30, Stories 8-10 $3 cover
THEME: What Goes Around, Comes Around
Your 3:30 battle with the school bully was cancelled due to their leg-breaking accident in gym class. You gave up your seat on the bus and when you got home your missing wallet was there, cash and all. You're sure that you are still paying for stealing cookies twenty years ago.
Sydney's 1800 NW 16th Ave. (At the corner of NW 16th & Thurman)
Hope to see and hear you there.