Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2010
Free on-street and lot parking available.
14 PDUs available for this course.
Quit doing all manual work in Excel! Come learn to use a dynamic, resource driven reporting tool from industry experts. This course is designed to help you manage and master MS Project from simple task management to Program and Portfolio management.
Learn how to create and maintain easily dynamic schedules, and address resource demand and capacity, over and under allocations all with visual reporting and proven techniques by 20+ year industry veterans. This course trains participants how to plan, forecast, build, and manage project tasks and resources and to combine issues, risks, deliverables and dashboards in one central tool
- Create, manage, and update effective project schedules
- Create and manage resources, resource pools and assignments
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of working with Microsoft® Project Professional
- Create useful views for tracking, dashboards, printing, task usage, etc.
- Formatting tricks for automating critical path tracking
- Use reporting functions more effectively
This course includes a complimentary copy of Advisicon's Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2010 book.
Who should take this course?
Project managers, project team members, project schedulers… and anyone who has used Microsoft Project Professional and had a hard time getting it to do what they wanted!
Course Instructors & Accreditation
Advisicon is a PMI Registered Education Provider and an accredited Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. This course will be taught by an experienced Advisicon instructor, all of whom are PMI certified PMPs.
- Effective Use of Microsoft Project
- MS Project Overview
- Avoiding the pitfalls of working with MS Project
- Creating project schedules, segments, milestones
- Creating task relationships & dependencies
- Setting task constraints and outlining
- Managing and Tracking of Projects
- Utilizing scheduling methods to shorten the critical path of a project
- Utilizing MS Project Tools and Views to resolve resource conflicts
- Advanced resource scheduling techniques
- Managing costs, tracking baselines
- Tracking completion of actual work between tasks and resources
- Applying resource contours for forecasting and analyzing resource availability
- Managing and viewing planned and actual durations, costs and schedules
- Applying Resources and Calendars
- Creating and utilizing resource pools
- Applying layers of calendars
- Utilizing project views
- Formatting schedule layouts
- Utilizing project reports
- Understanding printing
- Working with External Data & Applications
- Linking data between applications
- Importing & exporting data
- Hyperlinking and web pages
- Utilizing business analysis templates
- Customizing for Better Management Results
- Using filters, tables, details and groups
- Creating views, filters, tables, and groups
- MS Project scheduling methodologies
- Utilizing effort‐driven scheduling
We provide a hands-on project simulation exercise where the participants can have actual tactical experience creating a schedule, linking tasks, creating custom views, along with best practice knowledge transfer on topics such as critical path methodology, project tracking, and Microsoft Project Do’s and Don’ts. Participants will also walk away with an understanding of how the schedule engine within Microsoft Project functions and will no longer need to ‘game’ the software, but can now let the software work for them.