PLUG Advanced Topics: Linux Containers (LXC)
Most classes require prior sign up. Please check in at the front desk when you arrive to let them know you are here for the class. Bags must be checked at the front entrance.
Use the far left door, as per Portland tendencies.
The Portland Linux/Unix Group Advanced Topics for March:
Brian has been using native Linux Containers (aka LXC) to solve a need for increased security and isolation while avoiding the overhead of virtualization. In this talk Brian will discuss:
- Where containers surpass virtualization
- What containers cannot do
- Why he selected LXC instead of OpenVZ or similar products
- Network configuration choices
- Setting up a Linux container
- A demonstration
After the main meeting a subcommittee will convene to study the best application of containers (holding beer) at the Lucky Lab.